What’s the one thing you can do to make sure you’re at the top of your game? If you could figure out how to boost your productivity so that it would allow you to achieve far beyond what you’re accomplishing now, what would that look like?
If you could improve your prospecting efforts so that it yields far better results and allows you to achieve a level of income that exceeds your dreams, how would that feel? So let me ask you, what time you get to work?
Get to work early!
We are talking about productivity! In essence, setting up your ideal day so that you get to work early, take care of crucial business tasks, and spend time on prospecting!
Over the past 11 years, I’ve had the privilege of working with some of the most successful financial advisors in the financial realm. These advisors started with very little and built big books of business. How did they do it? Well, they didn’t get to the office at 9a.m., that’s for sure!
Recently during a client coaching call, I worked with a client on how to be productive and focus on getting his work done efficiently so that he can achieve his rather aggressive business goals this year. Below are some of the success tactics we discussed.
Benefits of getting to work early:
- Developing a morning routine to get going on important tasks by 7:30am.
- Take the time to catch up from the previous day – make sure nothing fell through the cracks.
- Focus on the sales cycle in the morning – this makes for better cash flow!
- Prep for service calls so that you are being proactive and looking for opportunities to serve the client while enhancing cash flow.
- Turn off the email dinger and exit email – who needs the distraction?
- Be more relaxed so that you can enjoy the day!
The important point to make here is that it takes 20 minutes to return to productivity after being interrupted. So if you can get to work early, take care of outstanding business issues, and set up a sales process that focuses on service and cash flow, you’ll be more productive!
If you get to work at 9am, by the time you review the previous day and get situated for your day, it will be 11am and almost time for lunch.
So, be the early bird and you’ll get the worm!