Financial Advisor Branding
- Tired of your current brand?
- Ready to update your brand and stand out?
- Moved firms and need a new brand?
As a financial advisor, you haven’t always been focused on branding. You may have started your practice with a wirehouse firm and therefore you were limited with their brand.
Then, you may have progressed to an independent advisor model with little control over your brand. You may have developed a standard template website with a plain brand, appearing mass produced and uninspired. Your compliance department may have offered only one vendor for your website, and you were once again limited with their choices.
You’re tired of looking like other advisory firms. You want prospective clients to be attracted to your brand. You want clients to be impressed with your business card. You want centers of influence to notice your distinction.
The problem is, you don’t know how to go about creating a new brand because it just doesn’t come naturally to you. You’re great at investment management. You’re brilliant when it comes to writing a financial plan. But branding? That’s a mystery.
Hello. I am Suzanne Muusers, Brand Coach for financial advisors. I help you figure out what’s great about you and put it into a form that allows you to attract your ideal clients.
Your Branding Aha Moment:
Branding helps your firm express its unique value, while influencing buying behavior, allowing you to stand out from the competition and attract your ideal clients.
I help you avoid these Branding blunders
1. Your brand is focused on YOU rather than your ideal client.
2. You have never declared a Target Market.
3. You have failed to engage your ideal clients with an authentic message and brand.
3 Potential Ways to Work With Me
1. Branding Coaching and Consulting – Through our coaching calls, we will establish your Brand. We do the work together. I help you define your Value Proposition, your Message, Target Market, and WHY clients would do business with you over another advisor. I help you strategize what to say on your branding pieces to get results. For clients needing my design work, I will manage your projects.
2. Brand and Design Deliverables – Per project fee. Logo, website, custom high-end brochure, Facebook business page, business cards, etc. Projects for non-coaching clients who require my consulting expertise will require an additional fee.
3. Content – I suggest you write your content. If working with me in a coaching capacity, I will review your content. If you are seeking someone to edit or develop your content, there will be an additional fee (content such as tagline development, biography writing, website or brochure content).
You can choose as little or as much work with me based on your needs and budget.
Brand Coaching Program
Work with me using all options above to brand your financial advisory practice. We will establish a step-by-step customized Branding Plan focused on key deliverables to help you pre-sell your services to prospective clients with your new branded message. In addition, we can explore how to land new clients from your website using Inbound Marketing.
Who's this for?
Independent financial advisors who are able to have their own website, RIA's, investment advisors, financial planners, other financial firms.
Private Client Website
Work with me and gain access to my Private Client Website with my Branding Coaching, Prospecting, and Marketing tools and exercises to use during our private one-on-one coaching sessions.
What happens when you work with me?
1. You'll access my Private Client Website with Brand tools, exercises, and guides for financial firms.
2. Potential clients will be attracted to your practice and PRE-SOLD because of your authentic BRAND.
3. You will make an investment in your brand that will payoff for many years into the future.
What do we work on?
- Practice name guidance
- Brand guidance – logo/colors/website design
- Target Market development consulting
- Tagline development consulting
- Value Proposition consulting
- How to create Brand Engagement with your ideal clients
- Develop a Client Service Experience that engages
- Headshot guidelines
- Biography guidance
- LinkedIn profile development
- Facebook business page development
- Website project management, if using my design services
- Custom website navigation menu consulting
- Search engine optimization consulting
- Brochure content consulting, to match your new brand
- Business card content consulting, to match your new brand
I help you strategize your Target Market
Part of the work we do together will be to strategize the niche markets you would like to attract.
My unique process pinpoints your strengths to match them up with who you most would like to work with along with the benefits you provide in your Value Proposition. This becomes part of your Brand!
I help you develop your Message and Value Proposition
I help you determine the value you provide.
My unique process zeros in on what you provide that benefits your ideal clients. This becomes part of your Brand!
I help you develop Subconcious Branding Messages
I help you get results through the use of subliminal messages that create engagement and action.
I help you attract clients via your Brand!
See visual Brand examples below of clients I have worked with who now have engaging brands.
What I want my clients to understand:
97% of consumers use the internet to find solutions to their challenges.*
54% of former Yellow Pages users now rely solely on the Internet to find their service providers. **
This is why it's important to carry your new brand across all marketing mediums from your brochure and business card all the way to your website in order to create brand continuity.
Why hire ME for Brand Coaching?
1. I use sophisticated marketing and branding tactics that help you attract your ideal clients.
2. Without my services you will lack the branding knowledge and financial services/investment management experience necessary for brand success.
Why re-brand your firm?
- You've been in business many years and it's time to reposition
- Your practice has changed over the years and your brand hasn't
- You want to attract better quality clients
- You want more referrals from centers of influence
- You want to introduce a new wealth management service
Download my free e-book below and learn 9 Mistakes Advisors Make with Their Brands plus 5 Benefits of Good Branding
With good branding you'll enjoy:
1. Higher quality clients
2. Branded financial services are easier to sell
3. You'll enjoy pre-sold prospective clients
4. Quality branding allows for a premium price
5. Gain a competitive advantage over other financial firms
Click to download my free e-book
• Custom branding attracts HNW ideal clients A brand is the personification of the Mission and Values your firm offers its clients, the purchasers of the firm's products or services, expressed through logo, colors, and symbols. Your brand will be successful if it communicates a "promise" expressed in benefits that allow YOU to stand out from the crowded field of financial advisors and wealth managers. Effortless Marketing helps the firm attract prospects by creating demand both consciously and subconsciously. Your brand is the key to building a strong relationship between your business and your ideal clients. A brand goes far deeper than a logo and requires the designer's expertise and experience when designing the company's corporate identity and website. Proof
• Good branding equals Effortless Marketing
• What are the advantages of good branding?
A brand is the personification of the Mission and Values your firm offers its clients, the purchasers of the firm's products or services, expressed through logo, colors, and symbols. Your brand will be successful if it communicates a "promise" expressed in benefits that allow YOU to stand out from the crowded field of financial advisors and wealth managers.
Effortless Marketing helps the firm attract prospects by creating demand both consciously and subconsciously. Your brand is the key to building a strong relationship between your business and your ideal clients.
A brand goes far deeper than a logo and requires the designer's expertise and experience when designing the company's corporate identity and website. Proof
• Credibility to charge a premium price
• Easy recognition
• Client Loyalty
• Solution identification
• Wealth Management differentiation
Examples of my Branding messages
Please request a consultation so we may discuss the possibilities.
Examples of my Branding Visuals
Example #1 Website homepage for a financial planner specializing in women, businesses, and families
Example #2 Website homepage for a wealth management firm specializing in businesses, retirement plans, and families
Example #3 Brochure cover for financial advisor specializing in legacy planning
Example #4 Brochure cover for a financial planner
Example #5 Brochure cover for an investment manager focusing on the affluent market
Example #6 Website homepage for a financial advisor specializing in non-profits
Presell your services with Branding!
High end brands command high end prices and they do this through expert graphic design. A good brand is more than a logo and conveys subconscious meaning designed to influence buying behavior.
Through your custom website, brochure design, and business card design you can position your financial planning company as unique and valuable in the financial services marketplace, allowing you to attract the type of investors you want, and PRESELL them on your services.
Utilize Visual Communication
With the rise of Social Media, branding is more important than ever for the independent financial advisory firm. Taking your key message and communicating it visually throughout Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube is one way to attract prospects who believe in your message.
Avoid Website Templates Offered Through Financial Services Providers
Financial template websites are uninspiring and expensive! Since most advisory firms change their website design every 5-7 years, you are better off with a custom website designer because with template firms, even with their low upfront design fees and monthly fees, they add up to over $10,000 over a 5-year period.
You are much better off hiring a custom website designer for a flat fee! And not only are templates expensive, they do NOT result in lead generation. Ask me why and I’ll be glad to tell you.
* BIA/Kelsey Media and Advertising
** comScore Inc Analytics
Geographic areas served:
99% of my Brand Coaching is done via telephone which allows me to work with clients in a wide geographic area. I work with advisors in California, Oregon, Washington, and Arizona, where I'm based. I also work with advisors in Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio as well as New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Florida.
Thanks to the internet, I am able to advise clients from the comfort of their offices, without the cost of travel.
Don't attempt to brand on your own and fail.
Let me help you get it right!
"Suzanne’s advice was invaluable when it came time for me to brand my independent financial advisory firm. Our work prior on target market, combined with help selecting my company name and colors and building my website have helped me attract my ideal clients and a consistent flow of leads from my website."
Financial Planner & Leader
"Don’t think twice about hiring Suzanne. Give coaching the time it deserves, be open, and trust that Suzanne will keep you on the right track."
AIF, CRPC, Financial Advisor, New Jersey
"I highly recommend Suzanne's services to anyone who is interested in growing their business and maintaining a healthy balance outside of work as well."
"Working with Suzanne has helped me to develop a distinctive brand. Having a cohesive brand gives me the confidence to network with and approach high level prospects. If I had not hired Suzanne, I would not have made this progress.
CFP® New York
"I truly feel that without Suzanne's guidance, my business would not have flourished. Her expertise in my field helped me produce the results I needed more quickly. But most importantly, she made me safe enough to recognize the weaknesses in my business (and myself). You can fix anything once you recognize the problem!!"