I have been working with Financial Advisors on their Branding since 2004! Branding your practice has many benefits, the least of which is to stand out from the multitude of financial advisors competing for the same clients. Since purchasing decisions are mostly made subconsciously, it pays to brand your financial advisor practice.
What will branding your business GIVE you?
- Higher quality clients.
- Pre-sold prospects.
- A competitive advantage!
In my opinion, design concepts for the majority of the financial services websites in existence today are overly bland and unexciting. Every brand looks the same.
Your ideal clients are looking for uniqueness and creativity in your brand. They want to see the BENEFITS of working with you.
They don’t want to see this:
- Uninspiring colors
- Angular, uninteresting logos that could have been designed by a first-year graphic designer
- Bland self-focused taglines that don’t express a benefit
- Template websites without a custom message
It’s very discouraging to me to see that a popular financial services branding expert with many years’ experience produces very standard, ho hum designs (I won’t embarrass them by naming them here). Even the largest financial planning organization in the United States has a bland brand with a black logo.
What is wrong with the industry? Is it full of too many left-brained people? Is it full of people who are not willing to take a risk? (oh the irony). Let’s get creative and attract better quality clients with design.
What does good design look like?
It does not look like a blue website with an uninteresting logo. That is not good design. Good design uses imagination and creativity.
Advertising executives and brand developers alike agree that companies that take visual risks are the recipients of prosperity in the form of new clients. This happens because purchase decisions are often based on “feelings” and “associations” as well benefits, which are demonstrated through creative design.
The unconscious purchasing decisions consumers make are clearly driven by quality and visual sophistication.
Your Big Branding AHA Moment:
Affluent clients are sophisticated, well traveled, and enjoy the finer things in life. If an affluent client visits your website and it looks exactly like other sites, what will they think? A stock image template website is not going to help you attract quality clients.
11 tips for a better financial advisor brand:
1. Please consider other colors besides blue – it can be overdone! (See this article about mistakes to avoid in color choice).
2. Don’t use uninspiring colors like grey and beige
3. Don’t be afraid to take a visual risk
4. Use more than one color – use contrasting colors (but stay away from black and red)
5. Hire a creative brand strategist who knows their stuff
6. Use your imagination when brainstorming to come up with your tagline
7. Clients want to know what’s in it for them so present your brand by focusing on BENEFITS
8. Use Inbound Marketing to attract clients right to your front door, regardless of geographic location
9. Use stimulating VISUALS in your brand
10. Work on your Value Proposition – what’s unique and wonderful about you?
11. And last but not least, use custom design, not templates
There. Now that’s off my chest and I can go about my day knowing I have shared something valuable. The question is: Are you going to design a creative brand or are you going to stick with what’s safe?
Hi, I’m Suzanne. I coach financial advisors like you.
I can help YOU!
I have been working with Financial Advisors and Investment Managers on Brand Coaching since 2004! I help you build a professional business where you are growing and becoming the person and firm you’ve always wanted.
Just imagine what you could accomplish!
If I’m offering this wonderful information, imagine what else I could help you achieve! Consider completing the Consultation Form to explore how we may work together.