Wouldn’t you prefer to have clients come to you rather than going out and finding them? Many established financial advisors are focused on “getting clients” the old way and are still networking, holding seminars, going to events, and beating the bushes to find new clients.
What is Financial Advisor Inbound Marketing?
“Inbound marketing is based on the concept of earning the attention of prospects,making yourself easy to be found and drawing customers to your website by producing content customers value.” Wikipedia
Inbound marketing is also known as Digital Marketing.
What works with Inbound Marketing?
- Article writing
- Blog writing
- Videos – on your blog and on youtube
- Blog commenting
- White papers
- search engine optimization (SEO)
First lesson in inbound success:
The reality is that inbound marketing truly attracts Ideal Clients, but only if you define your market succinctly. If you are focused on the entire market, then your content will not drill down far enough to attract inbound traffic.
Inbound Marketing Example:
You decide to write an article about “Creating a budget.” There are 33,100 global searches per month on this topic. Any content on page one would be from high ranking websites that you would be unlikely to compete well against. “Creating a family budget” however receives only 880 searches per month. If your target market is families, then you would have a better chance of generating traffic from your ideal client with this topic.
Why don’t financial advisors use Inbound Marketing?
- Compliance is a big issue and b/d advisors must go through the proper channels to get their content approved. To me, this is not a big deal. It’s just one more step.
- The time investment can range from a few hours per week to ten or more hours weekly. The best part about the time investment however is that the research and writing needed in any content you produce helps you become a better financial advisor.
- Understanding the concepts behind this tactic can be confusing. An education regarding how to write articles, on page and off page search engine optimization, and effective website design require some getting used to.
It all comes down to how you spend your time. Would you rather spend a considerable portion of your budget on outbound tactics with no guarantee of success? Or would you prefer to create custom content for your Ideal Client that brings them right to your front door? The choice is yours.
I can help!
I have been coaching Financial Advisors and Investment Managers since 2004! I help you build a professional business where you are growing and becoming the person and firm you’ve always wanted. Consider completing the Consultation Form to explore how we may work together.