Do you consider yourself a positive person? Do your friends think you are a positive person? There is much written about having a positive attitude and thinking in a positive manner, yet I have found that many people do not think positive. It can be challenging to think in a positive manner when so much is going wrong around us. We have a choice to be a beacon of strength or to wallow in negativity. The choice is ours.
Get out of negative thinking
I have friends, associates, and family members who on occasion concentrate on the bad things happening in our society. What happens when you are afraid? Fear can be disabling. What happens when you think everyone is out to get you? You become a victim. What happens when you look at only what happens “to” you? You don’t take the action necessary to grow and be someone better than you are today.
How to start thinking positively:
- Announce that you are taking a new stand on being positive and motivational.
- Don’t listen to the negative news.
- Keep a gratitude journal and be grateful for what is happening in your life.
- Every evening make it a point to talk about the good things that happened to you that day.
- If confronted with negative people, distance yourself from them. They can be poisonous.
- Start noticing who is negative in your life. When you’re having a conversation with a negative person, make it a point to change the subject or direct the conversation to a more positive topic or a solution.
- Remind people how harmful it is to have a negative attitude.
- Say nothing if you have nothing good to say.
- Don’t complain. Make it better or move on.
- Learn to communicate with those you love. If you don’t want to do something, express your feelings instead of doing it anyway and feeling hurt.
- Surround yourself with positive messages, artwork, and quotes. When you see a positive message such as “Love your life” you tend “feel” that way
- Try meditation or hypnotherapy. It works like a charm. Both are calming and have a direct affect on your well being.
- Banish negative thoughts and replace them with positive affirmations. This can work wonders.
- Get a sense of humor. Life is too short to take it too seriously.
- Make amends for any hurt you have created in the past. Bad feeling stay with us on a subconscious level.
The benefits of maintaining a positive attitude are many and they can affect you immediately. Remember that what you focus on is what you attract in your life. If you focus on the good and what is possible with life, you are creating the best life possible.