31 Benefits Financial Advisors Can Use rather than FEATURES in their Value Proposition
Are you making the mistake of focusing too much on features you provide rather than benefits clients are seeking?
Never forget, prospective clients always want to know:
“What’s in it for me?”
31 Benefits Financial Advisors Value Proposition!
Here are 31 Benefits financial advisors can use in their Value Proposition. Potential clients have concerns based on problems they are experiencing and they are looking for solutions. So when you talk about what you do, when you put together marketing pieces about what you do, and when you write content for your website, you’d be wise to focus on the benefits of working with a financial advisor in your value proposition.
It’s great that you have decades of financial planning experience or you that you have that coveted CFP credential, but for prospective clients, it really comes down to this:
“Can you help people like me find a solution to my problem and if so, what is the BENEFIT to me?”
Financial Advisor Features:
First, let’s look at features. Here are common features or firm attributes that clients really don’t care much about:
- That you offer financial planning, estate planning, wealth management
- That you act in the client’s best interests (you’ll have to prove this)
- That you are experienced (don’t just say this, explain what it means to the client)
- That you are credentialed (how does your credential help your client?)
- That you are independent (explain why this matters)
For additional discussion on Financial Advisor Value Propositions, please read this article.
21 Financial Advisor Emotional and Financial Benefits:
Benefits are things that HELP people live a better life!
- Sleep soundly at night
- Retire early
- Live a stress free retirement
- Leave a legacy – leave assets to future generations
- Achieve goals more quickly
- Invest intelligently
- Live the good life
- Clarify lifetime goals
- Build a dream home
- Improve future potential
- Replace income
- Achieve lifetime goals
- Find financial freedom
- Live a beach-side retirement
- Obtain clarity of financial direction
- Plan for a carefree, wealthy retirement
- Prepare for life’s emergencies
- Take care of loved ones
- Work less, have more fun
- Find a financial solution
- Avoid running out of money
10 Finance and wealth benefits:
Here is a list of financial-related benefits that clients are seeking from advisors. If they apply to you, use them in your value proposition:
- We offer custom financial solutions for our clients’ needs. We work with [niche 1], [niche 2], and [niche 3]. We understand your challenges and have the experience to offer tailored solutions to meet your financial needs. (See Target Market possibilities for financial advisors)
- We provide financial planning expertise that allows clients to free up time they may have been spending on managing their financial matters, so that they can engage in activities that are important to them
- We offer a wealth of knowledge and expertise in investment management that helps clients by diversifying their investment risk
- We offer comprehensive financial services to high-net-worth investors seeking knowledge, expertise, and personalized care
- We help clients sleep better at night by providing peace of mind and comfort knowing assets are protected from market volatility now and in the future
- We help clients achieve financial prosperity by understanding their desires, lifestyle, goals, and aspirations
- We help clients avoid exposure to financial risks that threaten their retirement assets by providing advice on life insurance and long-term care insurance
- We help our clients preserve the assets they have saved during their lifetimes, help them live comfortably in the present, and help them design a secure retirement
- We help blended families pass on their assets to family members so that they feel secure knowing they are leaving a legacy that is meaningful
- We are passionate about building trust and security with our clients by providing a high level of personalized service
If your Value Proposition is not focused on the benefits clients are seeking, please take the time to update your marketing messages. Remember, clients are looking for advisors with experience in their unique challenges. They care about what you can DO for them that results in a BENEFIT that improves their enjoyment of life.
I can help!
Need help improving your Value Proposition? Schedule a Consultation today! I have been coaching Financial Advisors and Investment Managers since 2004! I help you build a financial planning brand where you are growing and becoming the person and firm you’ve always wanted.