Financial Advisor Team Coaching
Want to improve your team’s results?
Hello, I am Suzanne Muusers. Financial Advisor Team Coach for the last 16 years. I help teams with their revenue and performance goals. I will work with you to make a difference in how your team functions and how it gets results.
My favorite book on great companies is “Good to Great” by Jim Collins. One of the key points I learned reading this book is that great companies have great leaders and that excellent leadership is the cornerstone of excellent teams.
I will begin by asking you: are your team members great leaders? If you’re not sure, I can help you work on your leadership skills at the same time as coaching your team to improve their results.
Here are 5 Team Coaching Areas covered below:
Whether you have a sales team that needs to focus on achieving revenue goals, a business team that needs to function well together, or a financial planning team, I can help you achieve the results you want.
I can also coach your sales team or business team and help you maximize their results. Additionally, I can work with your staff using Career Coaching to ensure the right people are on the bus and in the right seats in your organization.
- Good teams function well together
- They have distinct roles and responsibilities
- They have clear procedures
- They have goals, both personal and team based
- Problem solving
- Leveraging time
- Thinking strategically
3. Productivity breeds success
You may have great team members but what you’re doing could need tweaking in order to take your team to the next level. Great team members are not perfect – they become great through mentoring and coaching. Through coaching, team members can recognize weaknesses and areas of improvement.
1. Great leadership. Acknowledge your mistakes; be an example to follow; work on your own skills.
2. High standards. Don’t let sloppy work slide. Encourage excellence and guide team members to do the best job possible.
3. Nurture greatness. When you see excellence, acknowledge it and encourage it.
4. Frequent, productive meetings. Team members need guidelines and check in’s to ensure they are heading in the right direction.
6. Remove the bad apples. Dissension breads negativity – weed out the nonconstructive team members to encourage positive growth.
1. Schedule a Goal Setting Meeting, or hire me to help you.
2. Create a Business Plan and a Marketing/Prospecting Plan
3. Share your vision! Communicate where the company is now along with your hopes and dreams.
4. Recognize achievement. Praise each other! Praise each individual team member.
5. Encourage members to create their own motivational goals. Involve your team. Ask team members how they want to contribute to the team’s greatness. Base compensation on a combination of individual goals and team goals.
6. Individual goals- Ask these questions: What do you want to achieve? What one BHAG (big hairy aggressive goal) do you want for yourself this year?
7. Team goals – Ask these questions: How far can we go this year? What’s holding us back? How do we overcome our weaknesses? How do we build on our strengths?
8. Don’t avoid controversy. Look it straight in the eye and tell your team what you’re going to do about it.
9. Never publicly denounce ideas or shame people. There’s nothing worse than public humiliation. It hinders sharing of ideas and puts a negative slant on the entire team process.
- Cultivate and foster a Coaching, learning, growing, challenging environment for your team
- Encourage team members to take workshops, seminars, and continuing education
- Look at where team members might want to go next – people leave an organization due to lack of mentoring more than anything else
- Have an open door policy and encourage questioning (however, my advice to you is to maintain hours for your “open door” as you need to get your work done too).
Get Free EBook
10 Powerful Marketing Tactics
“Suzanne’s advice was invaluable when it came time for me to brand my independent financial advisory firm. Our work prior on target market, combined with help selecting my company name and colors and building my website have helped me attract my ideal clients and a consistent flow of leads from my website.”
Financial Planner & Leader
“Don’t think twice about hiring Suzanne. Give coaching the time it deserves, be open, and trust that Suzanne will keep you on the right track.”
AIF, CRPC, Financial Advisor, New Jersey
“I highly recommend Suzanne’s services to anyone who is interested in growing their business and maintaining a healthy balance outside of work as well.”
“Working with Suzanne has helped me to develop a distinctive brand. Having a cohesive brand gives me the confidence to network with and approach high level prospects. If I had not hired Suzanne, I would not have made this progress.
CFP® New York
“I truly feel that without Suzanne’s guidance, my business would not have flourished. Her expertise in my field helped me produce the results I needed more quickly. But most importantly, she made me safe enough to recognize the weaknesses in my business (and myself). You can fix anything once you recognize the problem!!”